Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WEEKEND 2

Longggggggggggg weekend!
And I have to recap as quick as possible due to my grandddddeee amounts of homework I have to do tonight:

Thursday is where I think I left off:
On Thursday this past week, we had two birthdays to celebrate (Kelsey and Jessica's 21st). Since I enjoy celebrating birthdays so much myself and another girl (Carly) decided it would be fun to get them a birthday cake and sing happy birthday to them (in Spanish of course). Well plan back fired when we walked out with all the candles lit and trying to sing by ourselves (everyone else just staring--- haha). Well unknown to us, we had the song "feliz cumpleanos a ti" wrongggggggg. Apparently it is sung "cumpleanos feliz". So Im sure there were many stares and glares :/ O well. Ohhhh and p.s everything we have learned in America in Spanish is basically completely wrong. So anyone else out there learning ser v. estar to how to sing happy birthday in spanish...PLEASE COVER YOUR EARS!
Later into the night, my roomiee and I went to a culture festival, where all nations were respresented with food and drink or things to buy. There was actually the play "Grease" going on in Spanish when I was there. It was fun and interesting but I did not think the USA was represented properly if you ask me! (Items on the menu included "OBAMA RIBS"... ya no thanks!)
MIA

MALLORCA

ON THE WAY :)

To celebrate that night we actually went to one of the biggest discotecs in Valencia and got in fo' freeeeee. That is what happens when your nice to the spanish kiddos, they help you out too!

Friday:
On Friday we had to be up and ready for our flight to Palma de Mallorca. Of course getting everyone together on time and where they needed to be was a nightmare but it was all worth it when we finally saw the beach. Getting a hotel was also another nightmare. But thank the Lord Above Us we got the room with AC! Possibly 15 minutes later we got to the bus stop where we waited to catch a very populated bus and rode into town. We entered the city and thats when it all hit me that I was actually in Spain because the town looked so much like what I envisioned spain to look like. Located on the hill of the city is the king of spains summer palace. We actually got to go visit it and the scenery was gorgeous. After two hours of exploring the palace, I stated to get hungry. Everyone went to get tapas and as for me, I went to get a fast food fix: McDonalds. The portions are soooo much smaller than what we have in America and they serve beer!!!! There are really so many differences! Another difference is the candy selection they have here, but that was an easy choice for me: KINDER BUENO BARSSS.... yummmmm-i-ness. After my McDonalds, I decided to splurge on a kinder bar gelato... ice cream + kinder bar = everyone wins!

Saturday:
Today we began the day with yet another bus ride, but this time to visit a cave. The bus ride to the cuevas del drach took about an hour. Once we got to the location, we realized that we already missed our time to walk through the cave, so we deceided to try again for the next time. To pass some time, Tony took us to the beach. I was in LOVE! We actually climbed up on the rocks and went cliff diving into the ocean. It was way too much fun! After spending some time at the beach and getting lunch, we went back up to the cave. The cave was awesome and after walking down the tour path, we got to learn that the cave used to be inhabited by a dragon... YES A DRAGON! Haha. Tony told me his name was Martel and I decided my number one mission on that tour was to find him! But no Martel... although we did get to end the tour on a boat in the river in the cave accompanied by violin playing... I could of fallen asleep! It was the greatest thing!

Sunday:
My first day ever in a Catholic Church attending Mass. Oh yeah and in Spanish. It was very interesting though. I also got the opportunity to take communion from the priest which I did so happily. Mass did not last long (which I have heard is odd) and we continued on with the day exploring another castle. After putting in another 10 miles of walking, we finally got to explore the ruins. It was gorgeous! Later that evening when we got back to our hostel we got to have some free time. For our free time my roomie and myself decided it would be best to take in some rayssss :) Of course my idea always goes sour and it got cold and cloudy outside. For dinner, we thought that it would be good to get some good ole traditional southern food, so KFC it was! Yeah not so good in Spain... they did not even have the biscuitsss! Later into the night, we decided to join some friends at a local pub to watch a football game (soccer). The game was Croatia v. Ireland. I have never seen people get so hyped up about soccer.... When in Spain....

Monday:
Monday was our last day in Palma de Mallorca! We decided to end it on the beach; I mean what else is an island good for. Well... the answer to that is burning the sh** out of us. I think everyone got toasted! No joke I am living in aloe today! Besides the burn, it was so nice sitting on the beach without a care at all! I actually got a little nap-age in while sunbathing. And P.S sooo manyy tittiessss! After a long day at the beach, the group thought it would be appropriate to have a nice group dinner. We finally settled on a meditteranean place. I LOVE CURRY CHICKEN! I could literally pump it into my veins! Ha. But the day came to an end and we had to get some sleep before we had to be up at 5:30 to get to the airport!

Hmmm guess I wrote alot more than I thought I would :)

(I'LL PUT MORE PICS UP LATER !)

Nighty Nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment